Happy Valentines Day!

OK I admit it, I'm a sucker for Valentines Day!!!  Not so much for the romantic significance Hallmark gives it but just for the plain old fun of putting red XO lights on my fireplace and hearts in the window, not to mention the endless creative ideas and visuals from Instagram, Pinterest, and my fellow bloggers. I love it that my husband buys Valentines candy the day after Valentines Day because it's 50% off.  It makes me laugh that he's so proud of his love bargains. So here's a peek into my Valentine decor and some other ideas. While showering X's and O's on your significant other, your friends, your family, your pets, whoever, don't forget to do something nice for your very first love, YOU!

Love this beautiful Valentine brunch spread featured in my favorite on line magazine, Rue. I love lox but never would have thought of it as a Valentines day idea, perfect!
                 Yummmm
And for those of us sticking to our healthy eating plan, how clever is this!?! (although one cup cake couldn't hurt right?) pinterest
Cheat a little with your homemade Valentines with these adorable Craftaholics Annonymous printables.
How simple and genius is this, just a tweak of your cupcake holders and they're hearts! More on this and Cupcakes on the pinterest cupcake board. Yes there's a cupcake board! 
 
A heart of buttons,  pintereset perfection.
I use mason jars for everything these days and I am loving this idea from the Frugal Girls.
How easy and cute is this homemade card found on pinterest.
Here's a few ideas if you're planning an evening at home, good for all ~ a romantic evening for two, a soiree of friends, a kids night, a Galentine eve or just you. 

Stock up on your favorite toppings and create an ice cream bar. 
Have a picnic on the floor, play charades with all romantic movie titles, or watch old black and white romantic movies.
 Make chocolate covered strawberries, make from scratch or pick up a carton of Dolci Frutta in your local produce section. It's heat and dip, that's it! And they come out perfect every time!
Treat yourself to a hot bubble bath complete with face mask, candles and your favorite book or magazine.  A glass of wine couldn't hurt either.

Sending lots of love your way for Valentines Day and everyday.